Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Wed I pointed and clicked at the CMax - nothing. Much more rapid clicks still added up to nothing. I prised the keyfob apart to get the battery out and swiftly purchased another.
I replaced the battery. Nothing. Turned the battery over in case it was wrong. Nothing. Turned it back (it should be with the negative side looking at you in my 3 button fob, for the record!). Then I read that it probably needs reprogramming and the dealers will lap it up.

Well, I found 4 variants online on how to do it yourself. Naturally, the 4th one worked for me and here's the instructions:-

1. Ensure you have the key and the remote and sit in the drivers seat, door shut.
    Insert key into lock at position 0. Thelock has 3 positions, 0,I,II. (II = all lights on dash coming on).
    Turn it to position II, then back to position 0.
    Repeat step 3rapidly another 3 times (4 in total). These must all be completed in 3 secs.
    A beeeeep will be audible, and a red light will illuminate on the dash. This means the remote locking is in programming mode for the next 20secs.
    Remove the key from the lock.
    Press any button on the remote.
    And that is it.
    I then got out of the car, and clicked away grinning at the sound of central locking!

I hope this is useful for others.
    My remote is the one with 3 buttons and a separate flick-out key. It is a radio-based remote, not an infrared. (infrared ones have a little glass ball on them).

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
This happened to my fob back in September.Ford wanted £20 to do it,but after consulting Richard G,I was able to do it myself - the same way you did.Actually it`s in the manual !
Certainly better than throwing away good money to fraud.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well thank you just got my c-max yrsterday and had no batt in key fob just tried this and worked 1 st a big cheers ,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does this also work if you buy a brand new key (3 button non-flick) for the likes of ebay?

I've got a master key and then one spare that is literally just the key (no buttons)... thinking of getting a spare for my partner and Ford will probably charge silly money for one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts