Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an '06 C-max 1.8 cdti and after running for about 400 miles I decided to change the oil and filters. Having changed the afore mentioned to the correct level I started the engine and let it tick over for about four minutes before the engine management lighht came on.

The car runs fine but obviously the light is telling me there is a problem. I KNOW I shouldn't reset the light without finding out what the fault is but I really would like to reset it just once to see if the light comes on again.
I'm no mechanic but I just thought that it initially came on because ofthe oil not reaching everywhere immediately after replacing. So, anyone tell me how to reset this light please?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hi & Welcome.

I have moved the post to the Tech section for you

In reply, I have not had much luck with my code reader (though I really need to play with it more!)so unsure if it will work but it would seem that a trip to a garage might be in order

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hmm i think my code reader/ laptop allows you to reset the light will try to have a look in the next couple of days

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks lazyb!I don't trust main dealers and would want to avoid if possible, that's why I decided to have a shot at fitting quality parts myself. Might of shot myself in the foot!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Lawe,
I'd still like to reset it myself if possible.It looks increasingly like a trip to the garage but if you come up with how to reset the management light myself I'd be very grateful.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I recently had the engine management light come on whilst I was away from home. Anyway it was not flashing and the car was driving well so I left it for a couple of days until I returned home. At home I booked the car into the Ford garage but the evening before it was due to go in the light went out and has not come on since! That saved me a few bob! My suspicion is gunk on a sensor - probably EGR valve related!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers m8,
Not on this occasion though, I've steered well away from the EGR valve and haven't used any cleaning agents.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers m8,
Not on this occasion though, I've steered well away from the EGR valve and haven't used any cleaning agents. Checked the oil levl this morning

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers m8,
Not on this occasion though, I've steered well away from the EGR valve and haven't used any cleaning agents. Checked the oil levl this morning again and

1 - 10 of 10 Posts