Sorry for what might be a really silly question, but I'm
trying to get to the egr valve to declog it (I can't get the car
started this morning) but I've stumbled at the first hurdle as I cant
the wipers off to remove the cowling!

Naturally
I have removed the silver nuts from the front of the wiper base, but
the wiper arms are still firmly attached and are not moving at all. Do
I need to remove anything else?

I'm just off to get some egr cleaner, so it really would be much better to get the valve itself.

Thanks for listening

(I've posted this on the new cmax forum by mistake, so that one can be removed)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I wouldn't say that they 'just pulled off', but a good tug with a cloth around some pliers, after plenty of WD40 has managed to shift it.

Just wasn't sure how hard to pull, if there was something else holding it on.

Now I can get going on the EGR....

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Glad you got them off,when I said just pulled off,i`didn`t mean they would just slip off!!!.
Hope you get the EGR sorted,I had to take mine to ford in Tamworth to have mine done in the end as I needed a new one & they have to reprograme the car.
Cheers
MM

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is there a step by step guide to getting to the EGR valve anywhere ?
I have tried to buy a Haynes but they don't do them and I got stuck today and had to call the RAC out.

I have searched the site but so far can find lots of refs to problems but no guide to get to the EGR valve.
Even a picture to identify would be great.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hi,
No disrespect's but talk of water pump pliers make me wince ( even when working on other peoples cars, rag or not! ) )
Personally, I find that pushing very firmly on and off where the wiper arm hinges ( where it would pivot when lifting wiper arm ) untill it becomes free. Or, grab the arm where it meets the wiper and viciously move it through it's given arc up and down untill free.
If one of the above has failed I try the other. With more vigour and if one failed the other wouldn't let me down!
Please quote both methods, hasn't failed to date!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts