Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a time the horn would sometimes not work, but now it has stopped completely. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that might help me work out what is wrong? Where is the horn located? Is it easy to get at?

·
Registered
746 Posts
horn

Hi,
look up horn location for your model, if the horn proves to be ok when tested, there's a good chance it'll be the clock spring under the steering wheel. lt carries wiring for air bag, horn etc. You'll find stuff for this on you tube.
Good luck
Bob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The horn on my 2014 C-Max stops working due to a loose connection at the horn itself. If I remove the engine under-shield, I can just about push the connector back on but there is not enough access to do any more. Do I have to take off the whole bumper assembly to do a proper repair?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The horn on my 2014 C-Max stops working due to a loose connection at the horn itself. If I remove the engine under-shield, I can just about push the connector back on but there is not enough access to do any more. Do I have to take off the whole bumper assembly to do a proper repair?
Same here. There is a small triangular panel that pops out on the bumper and its right behind it. Look up on youtube it is commonly the connection being corroded so scrape it out put that dielectric grease in and work it in and out a few times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here. There is a small triangular panel that pops out on the bumper and its right behind it. Look up on youtube it is commonly the connection being corroded so scrape it out put that dielectric grease in and work it in and out a few times.
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts