Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Hope your all well, need some advice on what to do.
I got a c-max thats a 2004, its a 1.6 TDCI Ghia with 102k on the clock, bargain at £200 because the crankshaft journal is gone and the bottom end is knocking a little.
Was getting a replacement engine ready and lightning stiked.
I had it the car parked on the next street as mine had no parking and when i went to get it in the morning, someone has crashed into it, smashing the front headlight, wing and bumper as well as the tyre has also gone flat, alloy damage and prob got shock and steering damage aswell. No one has left a note or anything, so no idea on who done it.
The cars current market value is £900 according to auto trader.
Is it worth me putting it through my insurance? my total excess is £200 or should i scrap it? will my premium go up loads or will i loose my 6 years ncd?
Also my insurance is due for renewal on the 15th July, so would it be wise to claim and renew or renew then claim?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Shaz

·
Registered
354 Posts
You dont usually lose all your NCD for one claim, especially on a minor one, but maybe 2 years. Your policy should tell you. Your policy will probably rise also.
I think it may be written off as you dont get much bodywork repairs for £900.
If you renew and claim your insurance company will still increase your policy as you are supposed to advise on claims unless you lie about the date of the incident but I wouldn't advise that. In my opinion of course.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It would be written off, and after your excess you might get a few hundred quid.
Your premium would go up.
Either scrap it or break it if you have the time and patience.

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
Insurance isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. My car is mint though as a fourteen year old vehicle it’s probably worth £300 at best.
So how am I supposed to replace it?
I’d cut your losses & scrap it. On the bright side it’s saved you from a world of misery & pointless expense!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts