Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to the forum but have a problem....
my service light has come on which isn’t a problem but at around the same time the “hill start assist not available” warning light and message is now constantly on, I’ve tried switching the hill start assist off in driver setting but this just removes the driver message but the warning light stays on.
when driving the vehicle it feels like it’s being held back.
(2016 model)
any info or help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
538 Posts
hi there Villa you need to get the fault codes read, i have done a lot of vehicles lately with this problem and 90% of the time it turns out to be the brake pedal switch. the switch is a dual switch in one which operates the brake lights and sends the signal to the abs module for hill start and more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi there Villa you need to get the fault codes read, i have done a lot of vehicles lately with this problem and 90% of the time it turns out to be the brake pedal switch. the switch is a dual switch in one which operates the brake lights and sends the signal to the abs module for hill start and more.
Thanks crash19999, I’ve got the car booked in main dealers for MOT & service end of the month, (reason being I’ve been caught out before going to smaller garages who then can’t diagnose problem), if I purchased a fault reader for codes is it something that I could fix?...also would you recommend to not drive the car could I cause further damage.
thanks for any info

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thanks crash19999, I’ve got the car booked in main dealers for MOT & service end of the month, (reason being I’ve been caught out before going to smaller garages who then can’t diagnose problem), if I purchased a fault reader for codes is it something that I could fix?...also would you recommend to not drive the car could I cause further damage.
thanks for any info
hi Villa you can drive it no worries it will not cause any further issues. if you have a code reader you can look for code 'p0504 brake pedal switch A & B correlation'. this will point to the brake pedal switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Crash, thanks for the info I’ll have a look around at code readers....if it is that code any idea on what sort of price to get it fixed? Thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
the switches vary in price the last one i fitted for a focus was around £25 for the part

1 - 6 of 6 Posts