Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this issue my mechanic cannot fathom it. The hill assist kicks in whenever I touch the brakes even on the flat, yesterday the brakes engaged while driving ( felt like I was driving with the handbrake on) it disengages when it's put in reverse

Any ideas

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Test the switches on the clutch and brake pedal. Also I assume they use a sensor to tell if the car is on an incline. Maybe that is not correct?

·
Registered
585 Posts
sounds like you are having a problem with the abs pump/valve block. i have seen a few of these go, it usually locks on two of the brakes one front and one rear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Take this seriously! My 65 reg C-Max began activating its hill-start braking occasionally when facing downhill. It became suddenly serious on the M5 when I had to touch the brakes, and they kept on - not fully, but enough to make me pull onto the hard shoulder. Two opposite wheels were hot, and wouldn't release. Got recovered to home (expensively). Garage removed ABS pump and sent it away for repair. Came back with same fault; sent to repairers again! Three weeks off the road. Not sure if it is fully better yet. The consequences of the brakes suddenly coming on on a smart motorway could be horrible - even fatal. I shall switch off the hill-start function when I find out how! This isn't a problem to be taken lightly! If anyone knows hw to switch it off, I would be grateful!
Pete. Bridport
65 C-Max.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts