Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me Again!
My wifes C-Max 1.6 petrol(54)-Highbeam light works even when we take the key out of the ignition! As far as I know only parking lights work when key is not in ignition and turned, but on this CMax the highbeam works as well even when the key is out of ignition!! I have a Mondeo of the same age and it does not do this. Is this normal with the CMax and is there a reason for this??

Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can Someone please check their C-Max? thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have just checked and yes they do. I have never left them that long before just in case I get a flat battery!

·
Registered
28 Posts
They are supposed to do that, its called "see you home" i think. You put main beam on and it helps light your way to your front door, then switches off after 30 seconds or so. Can't say I've ever used it though!

Regards

tim

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your replies, I suspected that there was something wrong in the wiring.
It is a useless feature really and can blind someone as after all it is the bright light that comes on! It would make sence if it had puddle lights instead like my Mondeo which I find more usefull.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It's not useless. I often get home when it's dark, park facing the house on the driveway and it's brilliant. You can choose whether or not the light comes on so if it's not suitable for how you park just don't turn it on.

My new C-Max has puddle lights as well as home safe lighting.

It's better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a point! So it works well for you!I have a secuity light in the drive andHome safe lightning would be usefull if i didn't have the security light.

I am glad that there is nothing wrong with thewiring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts