Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals

Thought I would say hello to everyone.

As the name would suggest, I'm a bit of a Lotus fan. I don't own one yet but hopefully will do one day!

Anyway, before you all think that I'm on the wrong forum, I bought a 55 plate (2006) 2.0TDCi Ghia Focus CmaxinMarch and so far it has behaved it self well. I've done about 4k so far (had 47k on the clock when I bought it).

I must say that I have surprised myself as well as my wife having bought the Cmax as it's not really the sort of motor I would have imagined buying. But hey, the money has been spent and the rest is history. It will be handy for the family that is due (baby boy on the way in about 4 weeks if he's on time!) and any others that appear over the next few years.

I'm generally happy with it apart from it not being the greatest drive around town - can be a bit sticky going into second and the clutch offers too much resistance. It's therefore happiest cruising on the motorway! Great MPG too (currently averaging 47mpg with air con switched on).

We're a bit of a Ford bunch now as I organised an 02 Reg Focus Zetec for the better half in April. The Lotus may come next as the non-family car!

Anyway, thanks for looking in at my first post. Look forward to meeting you (virtually of course!).

Alex

·
Registered
163 Posts
well, I just have to reply to this one!
first, welcome to the site and joys of being a C-Maxxer.
they are good solid euro boxes. have had two now and hoping to 'upgrade' to a powershift next year.
second, having owned an elise and most regretfully sold the damn thing, you have re-awakened that thrill of pure, seat of the pants, driving pleasure and reminded me of my inabilty to get in and out of one without huge chiropracter expense!!!

enjoy the Max. get an elise before you die.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hello,I too had an Elise,had many days of fun in it.No room for one now
I have had several goes in trak models too,oh yes forgot to mention also driven Lotus 77,78,79,80,8,88 (yes the twin chassis one) & a couple of the last 90`s.

Had an Esprit Turbo on loan for 8 months in early 80`s too.
MM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts