20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive got an 05 1.6 tdci had it 6 months and love it

only one problem only half the heated front screen works

Edited by: jam136

·
Registered
615 Posts
Welcome to the club jam136. I had that problem and what it was , was that there is a wire that goes into the windscreen and it attaches to what is like a little black box whitch then attaches to the wiring that connects to the wiring on the car. These are on either side of the windscreen and what happend wasthe wirefrom the windscreenhad broke off the little black box shaped object on the one side meaning that only half my windscreen worked. I dont know if this is the case for you but it was for me and I neeed a new windscreen.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hello and welcome yep sounds like the faulty wire trick to me hopefully it may have snapped further down the line allowing you to at least reconnect it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i have checked the wire looks ok fuse is ok the plug looks ok, im now stumped! anyone any ideas please

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hi Jam and welcome.

With regards to the windscreen, you could always get the windscreen replaced via the excess on your insurance policy.
Had mine changed and after a some slight problems (see other posts
) all is now ok.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks but was hoping not to go down that road! windscreen ok apart from passenger side heated screen stopping working

1 - 9 of 9 Posts