Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have just taken delivery of my 53 plate 2Ltr TDCi Ghia C-Max today and so far I absolutely love it. The car has done 68k miles but has been serviced more that needed and all by Ford. The car is an absolute minter and looks the mutts nutts.

I need to visit the dealer again tomorrow as the engine light is on although they had checked it today and all is ok they just need to reset it. The 12v power socket in the cabin is dead but I can tell it has never been used. and the final little gripe I have noticed is that the radio wont hold the time and date info. It holds it for a while but when I return to the car after about an hour it has reset as though the batery has been disconnected. Can anyone advise me on the last one, it's bugging me. But then I suppose that is what the 3 months warranty is for...

All that said, I am looking forward to better fuel economy and enjoying my C-Max.

Hope to hear from some of you soon and I look forward to participating in this fine forum...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hello and welcome
well to start at the begining the engine light will come on when the engine thinks it needs a service. Now its not too clever at this it takes its reading from a few sensors in the exhaust and elsewhere. So be careful of garages saying they need to reset this light. This light is on or its off and its a real time thing. this is affected by air filter, oil filter etc.
2nd power socket sounds like a fuse no probs there.
ahhh the radio best i can advise is to set the clock manually and see what happens (works for me ) check your handbook for instructions.
Enjoy the car flinging it around...... well not tonight its -5 outside and slippy but normal times have fun.

Edited by: lazyb

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi LazyB,

Thanks for your welcome and your swift reply. I took the car in this morning and to say that I was pleased is an understatement. I was already satisfied with the performance of the car and it was on a par with the VW Bora I traded in. It turned out that the engine light was caused due to the Turbo only running at half capacity because a pipe had either com adrift or was not attached after they serviced it. The bl***dy thing is like a rocket now and I am in awe. I think in the near future I will get it chipped also.

You were right about the interior power point, it did turn out just to be a fuse. I should really have checked it... Doh!!

They thought that may also be the cause of the radio issue too but that still is not resolved. I will let them have another go next week.

Once again, thanks for your reply, I look forward to future posts and participating in this forum...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just a quick point about setting the time on the radio. Mine is a 6000CD so I assume yours is the same? Follow the instructions for setting the radio but make sure the radio ison FM, and not AM, or you cannotset the time and date manually!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mrobbo,

Thanks for your advice. You are right that the system is indeed the 6000CD. The problem is not that I cannot change the time and date, its that it wont keep it stored. When I set the time and date, it is stored but when i turn everything off and leave the car, when I return say 30 mins later, the date goes back to say 09/12/04 and the time has also reset. I look forward to any other advice you can offer or indeed any that can be offered from others in order that I can resolve this final issue.

I did read that some of the 6000 range have a feature that keeps the time and date up to date automatically. Have you ever come accross this? if so, is there a setting?

Once again thanks for your help and reply.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I had the same problems,managed to get time to set but date always goes back to date of manufacture,ie 1/1/09.They are supposed to set automatically but the date never does.I just live with it now.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yep i tried the auto update from RDS but it never worked. So thankfully mine stays sorted. Did read about some garages putting a resistor or diode behind the dash but cant think where i read this maybe on here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts