Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all!

im new to this site but not new to fords, been driving a st tdci for past 4 yearswith no big problems apart from EGR valve going start of this year due to low mileage driven every year, only about 5000. but due to a growing family and also looking for something new i have been looking at buying a c max, am looking to purchase a 2008 1.8 titanium with sports pack, was looking at one today and am impressed with spec and trim and its sporty look, im just wondering if there is anyone on here who has made the same switch and what there thoughts are, am i correct in thinking the EGR issue was corrected in the older models?

thanks,

Anthony

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hi and welcome

The EGR was modified and the software updated so that after switching off, the EGR would rotate a few times to prevent it becoming stuck.
I have the 54 2.0 TDCI and have had a few issues with it but (touching wood!) the use of EGR3 cleaner and a bottle of High Power 3 seems to have done the trick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replys,

its good to hear the EGR issue has been fixed, but is the alternator problem the one were the car looses power and you loose steering, it seems a bit of a worry, its the only negative i can find!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thats the cmax bought and all going to plan should pick it upnext saturday, will look forward to many good years of motoring!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, total newbie here!!!

just in process of buying a '55 reg c-max, and saw these posts. Sorry if I sound ignorant, I don't have a great deal of mechanical experience, but can you help.... What is the EGR and what isit's problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts