Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i have been very excitedly waitingall week to pick up my '04 1.6TDCi 37,000m. It will be replacing my 'old faithful' a '97 R Megane Scenic with 229,400m on the clock. Still going strong engine wise but the rust has done for it.

The thing is, it is a CVT, and the forums seem to be bristling with CVT C-Max problems! Do i cut my losses and lose my deposit or are the problems i have read about getting less & less or been sorted. Surely there are some out there with no problems?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hi Johnty,welcome to the site,I don`t know much about the cvt versions although my parents did have a Volvo 480 with it.They had a major failure on it after 20,000 miles but Volvo coughed up cos it was the first time one had packed up with such low mileage.I take it you have had a good trawl through the posts on this site so see if anyone else can help you.
Cheers
MM

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Another peep from Basing!

Sorry to say that mine is a 6 speed manual with nearly 121,000
miles!
I must say that I have not seen/read much about the CVT problem, but there again I have my problems and still read about them before. Though I think I've learnt how to keep it under control.

Either way, welcome!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi johnty like all cars they have qerks but have a real good test drive in it and make sure you get a good warrenty a dealer cant sell a car that is not fully working so any item that doesnt work document it straight away and give a written report to the garage, that way trading standards can help if it comes to it. Hopefully it wont come to that and you will have a great motor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts