Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking at picking up a 2004 2.0 TDCi Ghia Focus Cmax next week (take it for a test drive tomorrow).

It's done 53,000 miles and has a full service history. I was just wondering if there is anything I should be looking out for when I go to view it.

I've heard of problems with the electronic parking brake, and also stories of the engine cutting out randomly. Are these common faults or just more random.

Thanks
James

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Make sure you have a full history with it & if poss,find out if it`s had a new alternator.If you can also find out weather the pollen filter has been changed regularly & if the brake discs & pads have been done (indicates hard use ).Also check for tyre wear.Listen out for beeps ( ie same as door open when your driving) this could mean the alt is on it`s way out.Make sure all the electrics work but do,do be particular about the electric parking brake PLEASE!!!
If its a good drive ( it should be) & the money is great then it`s up to you.
I have a 53 plate 2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec,I`ve had it 20 months & ok I had to change the alt,but apart from that it`s been fab.
Best of luck
MM

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'll go through the electrics with a tooth comb then! It's just over 5k which seems about the norm for that model.

Hopefully it'll all be good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts