Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2011 (dec) model Grand CMAX Titanium. A couple of years back the car went in for an emergency repair as the cooling system was leaking into the footwell of the car. At the time the car was being repaired I also asked Ford to update the software on the radio, as the digital radio was not great.

I got the car back form Ford but found that whilst the digital radio worked a little better (its never been great), the bluetooth and speech recognition stopped working.

I have tried all the usual things of disconnecting the battery etc. I even tried to flash upgrade the radio head to an earlier version but the system does not recognise a USB drive being placed in the socket.

Ford seemed to think the bluetooth module was broken and would need to be replaced. I didn't challenge them on this and missed the opportunity to complain (it was working prior to the garages repairs).

Is the fault likely to be the Bluetooth module (would this also explain the issue with loss of voice control)?

Any help, really appreciated.

Andy

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
It may be worth taking the system apart to see if they dislodged a connector when fixing the heater. If not that then you probably need something like Forscan to see if it will show any errors from any of those modules.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts