Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Just thought I'd say hi.

I've had my 2008 C-Max Zetec 1.6 in Morello Red for three weeks now and so far enjoying it. The car has done 13500 miles.

I have already done a few mods, LED number plate bulbs, silver vision indicator bulbs, Lockwood sill plates, footwell lighting mod and now I'm waiting on some genuine mud flaps to be delivered.

I'm a bit of a detailing nut so at the weekend I had the wheels off and cleaned the backs of them and painted the calipers silver. This weekend I'll be fully machine poilishing the car to get rid of the swirl marks inflicted by the previous owner.

Anyway, that's me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got a 12plate cmax when it's locked got a flashing red light on dashboard flashes every say 2 seconds inbetween fuel & temp gauge is that normal never noticed it before cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. I've just joined this group as I'm after a bit of advice.
I've got a 08 cmax titanium diesel 1.8 it's done a little over 94,000 miles. On my way home from shopping the other day the dashboard made a noise and engine management flashes up on the little screen...then I noticed the water temperature needle started moving from the middle and was swinging down to the cold bit. I stopped the car, turned engine off for a min, turned it back on and engine management warning had gone and temp was back in the middle. But, on the last bit home the water temperature needle kept swinging between cold and in the middle where it normally settles. But, no other warning came up. Took it to the garage, he put it on the computer, but nothing came up, hes told me to drive it around and see if it happens again, if it does he will put the car up on the ramp. Water level in engine is fine and so is the oil.
I did take it for a spin, and it has happened again...turned engine off for a min and then started up, no warning lights but the needle is still swinging between the middle? I'm due to travel to my sisters next week, but I'm worried if the garage say its fine to drive but, what if it happens again on the motorway?
Has anyone else had a swinging water temp needle before? Is it anything serious?
Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts