Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Thanks for letting me join. I have just purchased a ford Cmax 2016 with 5k on the clock. Ex mobility hence low miles. Loving it so far. But for the love of god why did ford put wind up windows at the back... lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi kaborex, it^s so they can put the electric ones on the Titanium model as a premium upgrade.
There's less to go wrong with a wind up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK. I also like cars with less that can go wrong. Only issue with the winding windows is that the driver cannot stop kids playing with them.
I was surprised though as this day and age it is almost unheard of.

·
Registered
47 Posts
One reason why I am getting a Titanium, now the grandchildren can reach the winders. They can only wind them down claiming they can't manage to go the other way, so I have to check the windows every time we have them.
I have privacy glass and sun blinds on my current Zetec, the new one doesn't have either, that's not a big issue although I do like the privacy glass, it means anything in the back can't be seen. I won't miss the sun blinds but the kids will.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just baffles me that in 2016 (year the car was made) .....not 1950s Ford can think it a good idea to still be using winders.... I do not know any other company doing this. Apart from that the car is fantastic. I also had an smax before and that was easily one of the best cars I had.... Actually the smax was a zetec with all round power windows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts