Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Mike from Rotherham. Bought an 04 plate 2.0TDCI Ghia C-MAX last weekend (39,000 on clock). So far I am loving it, although so farI am severely disappointed with the MPG to date.

I'm sure I will catch up with you all at some point soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks lazyb.

Well I've just been out for a 9 mile run (round town), consciously attempting to drive carefully. I managed 43 MPG which actually was quite pleasing! Long may this continue...

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi i have a 1.6 tdci and get around 45 mpg i do 22 miles per day! my friend has a 2.0 tdci 6 speed he drives a few more miles than me most motorway and gets around 48 mpg!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Was your C-Max serviced before you got it? If not get an oil/filter & air filter change done.This will help quite a bit.I get 40+ round town & well over 50 on a run
.It took me a couple of weeks to get used to driving it due to the deliverence of the power.It`s a matter of balance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi MetalMickey, yes it had a full service before I bought it. Actually, my initial fears on the car's fuel economy have been completely eradicated now. Did a 200 mile trip over the weekend. There, taking the 'scenic' route, I got 54.6 MPG. Coming back (motorway), I got a whopping61 MPG. This was by driving conservatively, admittedly!

As you say, it takes a little time to get used to the extra power.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi there i had the same problem when i 1st got my c max i was driving it carefully and always getting good returns in economy. way up there in the late 50's. i was reguarly getting 62 mpg after driving home after filling up at staion and driving 60 miles back down motorway. best i have ever had is 64 mpg. but recently i am only getting returns of low 50's even on a long motor way run.

ben

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have a look at the air filter they get dirty real quick for some reason on these cars! there only a tenner so worth changing

·
Registered
26 Posts
i will do but what i need to do is an oil and filter change along with the fuel filter but have no idea on how too change the fuel filter and what sort of arrangement it is. i had a look yesterday and fell into the same trap as everyone on here seems to have and thats needing to bleed or prime the fuel system any ideas on how to do that. there was a description on here but not in much detail.

ben

·
Registered
26 Posts
no worries thats very cheap you couldnt buy the oil for that. Plus typically being a bl***dy ford the c max takes 5.5 litres of oil so you have to buy bit more than 5 litres or two 5 litres really.

ben

1 - 12 of 12 Posts