Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a C Max 2.0 tdi Titanium 2012 and have the following issue.

When you turn the heater fan on to low speed 1-4 there is very little air being forced out of the vents but when you set it on 5-7 it works fine (My one has climate control so is the seven speed fan)

Have changed the heater resistor but this has made no difference.

Has anyone come across this before or any suggestions as to what the cause could be.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Nigel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you ever changed the pollen filter or had it changed at service? Maybe that is well dirty?
Hi

Many thanks for replying I would of hoped the pollen filter was changed on the service but will check and post back in the next couple of days with the result

Once again many thanks for your help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

Many thanks for the advice re the pollen filter looked at it tonight and think it may never have been changed or once at the least. New filter on order hope this will now solve the problem.

Once again many thanks.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi

Many thanks for the advice re the pollen filter looked at it tonight and think it may never have been changed or once at the least. New filter on order hope this will now solve the problem.

Once again many thanks.
Hold on , what pollen filter have you ordered ....?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Activated charcoal ones are dark grey, so look dirty when new, but if you have had the car more than 1-2yrs and have never had the filter changed it still needs doing.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Very important to have a top cabin filter .

Product Rectangle Font Slope Material property

Font Technology Parallel Screenshot Slope

Triangle Rectangle Font Line Slope

So the better ones filter out those nasty diesel particulates and nitrogen dioxides etc .

So why isn't the gubberment banning ordinary pollen filters... because it is not about health !

Best on market is MAHLE CareMetix .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im my local Fraud dealership they only replace the pollen filter if requested, its extra to the service cost.
Yeh look on YouTube there is a video how to replace it, drop down fuse box under passenger glove box and drop it down and move out of way first in right hand corner is plastic trim u have to remove I think video explains all

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry haven't updated changed the pollen filter and this cleared the problem the old filter was thick with dust and dirt
Many thanks for all the replies and help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts