Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a newbie here and trying to find answer to what I think is a simple question, however I am struggling to find the answer. (may have to resort to a trip to the dealer) but thought that another C-Max driver may just know the answer.

I am in the forces and have been posted to Germany for 3 years, i am taking my '56 C-max with us.
Not going to be able to drive on beam benders for 3 years, so does anyone know if the C-max has a switch within the headlamp unit that will switch the beam to Left hand drive?

I know that my old Mondeo had this facility but can't find anywhere on the C-max, just not really keen on forking out £250-£300 for a new set of headlamps if I can avoid it.

Many thanks

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
If you have the HID lights (the posh very bright ones) then yes they do have
If you have the standard H3 H7 bulbs then unfortunatlt no there isn't

As far as I know the only way is a complete change of headlamp which as you say is not cheap

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Is there no way the "forces" have any special deals with Ford somewhere either UK or Germany, You can;t be the first to be having this to resolve. I'll bet the parts are cheaper in Germany as well
It may be worth seeing if your present local dealer could do anything about selling the parts without VAT as they are going for export (or a chat with your local VAT office - 17½% is still 17½ %)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't think we get any special deals, however we should be able to get the parts Tax free as you say they will be for export.

(Just found a set on Ebay that I presume have come off an import, so will keep an eye on them.)

cheers,
Graeme

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that richard, will give them a ring in the early part of the week.

The site has got me thinking how much I can save in 3 years to take advantage of the healthy Tax Free discount.

mmmm, S-Max or the next generation C-max?

Graeme

1 - 7 of 7 Posts