Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

I've recently purchased a 2009 (59 plate) 2L diesel Titanium tiptronic automatic C-Max with 98k on the clock but it has developed two strange issues that are starting to bug me.

Issue 1: After start up, headlights on auto setting, if I am sat idling I notice this intermittent dip in the headlights, almost like the power is being drained then cuts back in. I have recently replaced the battery with a Bosch S4 72AH 680CCA type 100 battery so power supply shouldn't be the issue yet the problem still exists?

Issue 2: Again shortly after start up, if I turn the steering wheel to the right the steering becomes heavy but only between say 12 and 2 (if you was looking at a clock face), after around 4-5 turns of the wheel this issue goes away and by the time i'm in work (30 minute drive) this issue is non-existent until I start up again.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Goonerruss

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been reading up on this as my 2007 has a steering fault and I've seen a number of people posting that if the alternator is on the way out it doesn't have enough power to supply the power steering pump.

So may take your car to the garage and get the battery and alternator checked out?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts