Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi having just collected my C-Max can anyone advise how to activate the headlamp delay feature?

I cant find reference to it in the hand book.

Many thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi, my get you home lights are activated when, with keys out,I pull dipped/main stalk toward me. It should stay on for a while. ( enough to get indoors but I usually check it has gone out as it stays on for ages.)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mine seem to stay on for about 25 seconds. There is a little rotary switch (with a white increase bar, and what looks like a timer logo next to it) just below the adjustment switch for the headlight up and down angle. I have tried setting it at minimum and maximum and tried the lights again but it makes no difference.
Has anyone any idea as to what it does? I can't find a reference to it in the manual, it is not even included in the diagrams.
Rolo.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The rotary switch is for the instrument panel lighting ....it adjusts the brightness

·
Registered
77 Posts
thats a new one on me my max is 54 plate ghia and i dont think i have lights delay is it an ops extra

·
Registered
288 Posts
Many thanks for that, 33q,
It only works with the car's lights on and I have never tried it at night so never discovered the answer. I have just tested it, in the garage, in the dark.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have a 54 plate ghia and mine has it. pull out the keys, pull the stalk back and the lights come on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
dipped beam. im picking up another 1.5tdci ghia 04 plate today so will check if that one is the same also.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Dipped light only, not even side lights -- On mine, anyway, as there seem to be so many variations.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Does it had to have the lights on previously or does it have to be dark for it to work? Just wondering if certain conditions apply for the function to work or if it should do it under any circumstances. Just so I know if I can test it in daylight or have to wait til tonight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On my cmax 2011 Titanium you can adjust the time they are on for on the settings menu, where the trip display info is . There is lighting settings menu

1 - 15 of 15 Posts