Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote to Haynes regarding a manual for the CMAX and I got this response.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the above vehicle, unfortunately we do not produce a Service & Repair manual for your vehicle and regret have no plans to do so within the foreseeable future (6-8 months).

However, all customer requests are recorded and used in the decision making process of future manual publications/updates. I realise that this may be of little help to you at present, but I can assure you that your request has not been ignored.

Sorry we could not be of further assistance in this instance, assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorryit was unclear!!
<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape>

I was talking about the good old Haynes Manuals which guides us on how torepair our CMAX's ourselves.

I don't like giving Ford £40 / 50 + VAT a hour for labour when I can do some of the work myself.

Edited by: gmwilkinson

·
Registered
3 Posts
could anyone tell me how many ford focus c max ghia ultima's ,were made i know production took place from the 30 july 2004 to 31 july 2004 ,yep 2 day production but if anyone knows how many were produced in that time .please drop me a line ..
thanx martin ...a.k.a ... chewsEdited by: CHEWS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having bought a long series of Haynes manuals for a variety of (older) cars over the years, I can attest to their usefulness, if one has a practical bent, and doesn't mind getting dirty hands. Furthermore, garage labour charges in excess of £40/hr are a powerful incentive to fix simple things yourself, providing safety isn't put at risk.
However, when I questioned the lack of a Haynes manual for the (now) Mk 1 Focus CMax at a local Halfords, all became clear. Haynes are only allowed to produce maintenance manuals for out-of-production models of any vehicle - it's not hard to see why.
If this is kosher information, I guess we can expect to see a manual from Haynes in the not-too-distant future, now that we are to be tempted by the Mk 2 model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone know if there is a Haynes manual for the C-Max yet, or if not, if any of the normal Focus manuals contain useful information that could make servicing easier - a assume a lot of the parts are the same i.e. the engine.

Thanks

Harv

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Upto about december 04 there are various CD's /DVD's on ebay of the Ford TIS information disc that gives an amount of the service / repair information. and not too expensive
. After that they all went online subscription via the dealers

A lot of the electical info / fault diagmosis however requires connecting to the Ford system for proper diagnosis and reconfiguring when any part is changed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Richard

So I guess the answer is no...at the moment.

I have contacted Haynes directly to see if they are going to produce a manual. Will report back here when I get a reply from them in case it is of interest to others.

Harv

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'd find a haynes manual useful. My wife knocked the glass out of the passenger wing mirror the other day and it was a real pain to fit without knowing the trick of how to do it. Did it eventually.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would imagine some items would be similar to the normal focus one but wouldnt fancy taking the chance! I'm rubbish at anything mechanical so if the manual was only one or two steps out I'd be screwed :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have got a reply from Haynes regarding the availability of a CMax manual...see below

Harv
======================================================
Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we do not do a specific manual
for your vehicle but manual number 4167 will provide useful coverage of your
engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts