Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted previouslyand whilst the replies have been helpful they have also been a little unsettling !

Bought myfirst C max within the lastfew weeks 1.8 TDCilate 2007 very low mileage - performance seems fine to me and the diesel consumption as far as I can tell

Howeverpeople who have repliedto my last topic seem to think that a better bet would have been1.6 or 2.0 litre- I plumped for the 'middle' thinking a balance between performance and economy!

Are there any happy or conversely unhappy 1.8 TDcI owners out there ??? !!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hi Topman,I know Ive got the 2.0 TDCI,but,the 1.8 is a very good engine and has been improved & refined over several years.It`s been in Fords engine range for some time now so I don`t think you`ll have any probs
.I only wanted the 2.0 cos I tend to carry my spanners & tools with me when I`m working on various racing cars for friends & the added torque of the 2.0 is ideal.You definately have not got a pig.

·
Registered
30 Posts
1.8 is based on the old Lynx engine. I know a couple of Ford Techs who say that the engine more reliable and easier to fix than the more temperamental (althoughquieter and smoother)DPF engines.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'd have preferred a 1.6 engine, but they were in short supply when I bought my car. I'm reasonably happy with the 1.8, though the MPG around town isn't very good if you do short trips. I've also read that the 1.8 tends to be less problematic than the 1.6 and especially the 2.0.

Performance wise I'm very happy. I live in a hilly area, and the 1.8 doesn't even notice hills, just cruises straight up them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the 1.8td engine version ,the 1.8 is a very good motor with good mpg,the only probs i had when it was only about 3 months old was a strong burning smell from the clutch, atfter 2 visits to the dealer all they could come up with was ,they all do it sir,but to be fair it has settled down and not done it since.apart from poor life from the tyres it has been a good car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts