Ford C-Max Forum banner

Greetings and radio question

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  R7BKR 
#1 ·
Hi all, i purchased a 55 plate C max a little while back. Very happy with it except Im a little confused about something and am hoping that someone here can help me. It's with regard to the Sony radio that's fitted in the car. It a single CD player, but curiously has the AUX button but no AUX in anywhere to be found. Is there a mysterious cable that only a select few can access or am I making a mountain out of a mole hill? Any help on getting me up to MP3 player status would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Glen

#4 ·
I have the Sony 6 disc auto changer and there is an MP3/ iPod connection just inside the glove box (Top Right - when its open).

I plug the iPod in there.... press the Aux button and hey presto iPod music through the car.

I imaginethat if you have the socket in the glove box, it will be connected to the back of your stereo.

Like Charlie says you will need a double ended lead, one end plugs into the Aux socket and the other end into the headphone socket on the MP3/ iPod.

It should be as simple as that.

#6 ·
thanks for the replies people. I have searched hi and low for this elusive AUX socket. Maybe i just need to replace the head unit itself. If this is the case, does anyone have any suggestions where to get one other than the dreaded halfords?:) Would be a shame though because that Sony one is rather nice.

Glen

#10 ·
I have just got a cd 6000 with AUX from our VERY GOOD friend mjShort.I had to do to the dreaded fraud dealer to get the correct leads,Turns out there are 2.When you pull the unit out there is a connector block about 1inch sq.There should be 2 plugs in there,1 black & 1 white.If the white one goes off to the left & down,then you have the wiring & connection for ipod/mp3.If not you need to get part No 106067 @£14.88.If you have this lead fitted,then you will either need the double ended lead part No 103046 @£5.17 or a different lead which I don`t have the number for but it has a very small jack plug,a usb plug & an ipod plug.
If you have to fit the 1st lead,take out the white plug & fold it back against the harness.From the glove box,feed the white plug up & past the light bulb on the top right,& as you do so with the radio out you can look left & see the wire come through.Feed it round the back of the radio carrige and pull it up along side the harness.Plug it into the back of the radio.mj & I did this this morning& took us about 45 mins,mainly cos it`s very fiddley,but it is worth it.
I hope all of this is useful to anyone who is stumped by good old fraud logic.
Any probs & you can pm me and I`ll get back to you and if you want even talk you through fitting.
Best of luck
Mike

#11 ·
I have now got my MP3 up & running & its great , I have a car charger on order ,which will save having to keep bringing it in to charge . The only niggle is the low volume on the player , I need to have the radio volume quite high , & if I switch over to radio or CD without turning it down it blasts my head off .

#15 ·
Hi

I have just purchased a Sony 6cd for Ebay - I have noticed from your reply to the above thread that your model has Bluetooth, is it standard on those 6Cd units. Mine hasn't arrived yet so I can't tell. But it mine also has Bluetooth that would be a nice bonus!

Steve

#16 ·
Lucky,
I'm pretty sure it is addition to the stereo, I don't actually know though because mine was fitted as a factory option before I even got the car.

(it used to be a Ford management car, was only six months old and only had 4,450 miles on the clock).

Mine is voice activated as well so yours could have the bluetooth built in, but not the separate voice controls. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

#22 ·
"Tapes" what are Tapes......

No seriously I am more than old enough to remember what cassette tapes are.... and you could record music off the radio instead of downloading it from somewhere...

Ahh the good old days, when everything was so simple it very rarely went wrong..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.