Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys looking for a savior. I have a grand c max 1.6 ecoboost petrol with a p0016 fault code i cant seem to get rid of i have had fitted a new timing belt,waterpump,both cam position sensors,crank shaft positon sensor.tested. the variable valve timing solenoids and oil filter and oil specific for my car after clearing the code to trips its straight bk on again and still after all this cost and work cant get this fault to go away. Appreciate any replys and help

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hi

Hi,
where you've put 'tested' do you mean tested the cam and crank sensors.
It needs these testing by way of a scope to see any wrong pattern, someone experienced in diagnostics l would say.
It might be the crank magnetic ring or wiring.
Good luck
Bob.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Check your wiring to both sensors i had same problem on a fiesta changed both sensors still threw code up check wiring turned out to be a broken wire in the main wiring plug that goes into the ecu

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This code has now changed to p0017 wow im confused timing bang on runs perfect but fault will not go...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just a thought disconnect the battery for an hour but make sure you have the radio code and remember it will drive a little strangely until it re-maps itself after a power down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts