Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all posted the other day about possible clutch and dual mass flywheel failure
Well garage have just rang and said it needs new GEARBOX, CLUTCH & DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL roughly going to be £2200
Is it worth it guys or should I cut my losses its a 61 plate grand cmsx just spent 380 on brakes 10 days ago so don't know which way to turn

·
Registered
373 Posts
I assume they are making an informed guess as to it needing a gearbox as well as the usual DMF & clutch so unless they already stripped it all out I would thank them for the estimate, collect the car and take it somewhere else who would if needed fit a 2nd hand gearbox to drop the price right down. There is no extra labour involved in swopping the box over when doing the clutch, just oil for it. A gearbox should be no more than £200 2nd hand and a new clutch & DMF fitted £500-700 top money so all in under £1k and shop about for considerably less than that in my opinion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume they are making an informed guess as to it needing a gearbox as well as the usual DMF & clutch so unless they already stripped it all out I would thank them for the estimate, collect the car and take it somewhere else who would if needed fit a 2nd hand gearbox to drop the price right down. There is no extra labour involved in swopping the box over when doing the clutch, just oil for it. A gearbox should be no more than £200 2nd hand and a new clutch & DMF fitted £500-700 top money so all in under £1k and shop about for considerably less than that in my opinion.
Hi i have spoken to the. This morning and they said they only took it for a test drive so I have thanked them and said I will pick up car and have a think and a second opinion

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brilliant thanks going to look for a box myself and get booked into another garage hopefully get the old girl sorted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts