Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 12 years and 3 models of C Max (55 plate 2.0 TDCI Ghia, 10 plate 1.8 TDCI Titanium X and 15 plate 2.0 TDCI Titanium X) it's time to move on. I'm disappointed that Ford have chosen to end C Max production, however, I'm not leaving the Ford family. I've bought a Focus Active X 1.5 petrol which hopefully will be every bit as good the C Maxes have been. I was impressed with the power of the 1.5 on the test drive and the standard spec is pretty high so should be good. Reviews also seem very positive. I'll keep looking in on here and sharing experience of C Max ownership where relevant. Nick

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got the newest C-Max I could afford which is a 17 plate 1.5 diesel Titanium, based on the most important things I need which are a good reversing camera, good fuel economy and it's got to be a C-Max. Hopefully it will last for another 10 years by which time I might have to get something different (I like the Nissan all-round camera), but the camera is in case my neck gets worse (I have mild spondylosis which limits extreme neck movements).
During the time the new car spent in the garage waiting for a part (I'll get round to discussing that some time) I was given a Focus ActiveX 1.5 to drive and it certainly is a good car. There's an access issue for me because it is lower than I'm used to but the performance, ride,handling and noise were all excellent.
I'm sure that you will enjoy it. Lots of good ideas but still keeping the familiar Ford layout. I'm not sure how well the built in modem works because mine was a hire car so I couldn't use it but it's run by Vodafone after the trial period.

·
Registered
343 Posts
So not quite goodbye then Nick, do stick your head in the door now and then. :)
My C-max ownership started in June 2009 with 33k on the clock, still got it with 69k now so nearly run in. Wondering if I can get another 10yrs out of it, or if the government will have forced via duties all diesels off the road before I am ready for the knackers yard.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the newest C-Max I could afford which is a 17 plate 1.5 diesel Titanium, based on the most important things I need which are a good reversing camera, good fuel economy and it's got to be a C-Max. Hopefully it will last for another 10 years by which time I might have to get something different (I like the Nissan all-round camera), but the camera is in case my neck gets worse (I have mild spondylosis which limits extreme neck movements).
During the time the new car spent in the garage waiting for a part (I'll get round to discussing that some time) I was given a Focus ActiveX 1.5 to drive and it certainly is a good car. There's an access issue for me because it is lower than I'm used to but the performance, ride,handling and noise were all excellent.
I'm sure that you will enjoy it. Lots of good ideas but still keeping the familiar Ford layout. I'm not sure how well the built in modem works because mine was a hire car so I couldn't use it but it's run by Vodafone after the trial period.
I did consider seriously the CMax you pointed out at Perry's but didin't want a 1.5 diesel having been disappointed with the perfromance of my previous 1.8 diesel. It looked a good car though and certainly well specced so whoever has it will be happy. I currently do 18k miles per year and only keep my cars for 4 years so decided now was the right time to move away from the C Max. If I could have found a 2.0TDCI it might have been a different story.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So not quite goodbye then Nick, do stick your head in the door now and then. :)
My C-max ownership started in June 2009 with 33k on the clock, still got it with 69k now so nearly run in. Wondering if I can get another 10yrs out of it, or if the government will have forced via duties all diesels off the road before I am ready for the knackers yard.
I certainly will, if I could have found a 2.0TDCI it might have been a different story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts