Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my cmax 05 plate 40k miles, has started to become slow on first time starting, engine turns over, only starts after maybe 10 -15 seconds,it seems to point to glow plug failure, as its perfect once engine is warm.
Are these plugs easy enough to replaceon this model, as I have taken the engine cover off, and cant even see where they are positoned, is it a diy job on here?
The injectors are easy enough to see and there are 4 largeblack connectors(look electrical) just behind and slightly above them, not sure what they are though.
Can anyone help

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
The electrical connectors are probably what cause the injector to open as the ECU fires a signal pulse at them

The "glow plugs" should be somewhere close to the injector but I'll have a look to see what the TIS disc says as to whether the injectors themselves have to come out to do the job. If do then I suspect special tools are required

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Are you sure the battery is ok? Maybe it just needs a quick charge.Mine was a little slow to turn over a few times,but as it`s been cold,I put it on charge for a couple of hours and it`s been fine since.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
If it`s glow plugs & not the battery,how long does the glow plug on the dash stay on for?If it is them,the dash would stay illuminated for several seconds.Mine is on for 2 max,and that was before I charged the battery.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Agree with others, charge the battery up and see what happens and see if this makes a change.

As for the change in glow plugs, well these are at the back of the engine, and right under the EGR

In other words a right pain in the rear to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts