Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just cannot get a smooth gearchange from first to second gear. (08 plate 1,8 TDCi)

My wife's comment "You are unusually jerky"

I've tried just about every seat height & position but I just cannot seem to get it right.

Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
122 Posts
is this your first car with the gear lever in the wrong place. i had this problem at first but i soon got the hang of it.just try to change gear slower and the gear change may get easier the more miles you do.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are right. I didn't have a problem when I test drove the car.

The clutch and throttle pedals are also very light compared to my Mk1 Focus. Time will tell I suppose.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is my 2nd car, the first was a Focus C-Max and the second is a 'New' C-Max. I haven't had a problem with either although to be the smoothest it appears that 1st to 2nd is best donerelatively quickly.
Both are 1.8TDCis

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
The "diesel" box is smooth enough to be able to do at least some of the changes both smoothly and without using the clutch. I haven't quite managed this yet coming down it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wiggy said:
I just cannot get a smooth gearchange from first to second gear. (08 plate 1,8 TDCi)

My wife's comment "You are unusually jerky"

I've tried just about every seat height & position but I just cannot seem to get it right.

Anyone else had this problem?
yes same here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts