Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cigarette lighter on my 54 plate 1.6 TDCi has decided not to work, took panel off which holds the EPB and checked the wiring; no power tocigarette lighter.
Checkedhandbook and found fuse box, the h/booksays the fuse chart label will show which fuse is which- not sure where this fuse chart label is.
There is no instrument panel trim on my car ( never has been since I got the car), is the fuse chart label stuck to this ( missing ) trim panel.
The rear 12v auxiliary socket in the boot works fine, is this on the same circuit as the socket by the EPB?

Hope this makes sense, and any info would be appreciated.

PS My first post here, so be gentle with me

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Hi and welcome
The front and rear are on seperate fuses in the Central Junction box
The front should be f39 (20A) which should be 2nd or 3rd from the left in the short row of fuses (only 4 or 6 depending on spec0
Is the illumination to the socket working even if the socket isn't so as to eliminate any problems with the shared earth?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help, all sorted now.

Is there anybody out there who knows of anywhere on t'internet or has a picture or similar of the fuse box under the N/S footwell that is e-mailable if that's the correct term to use; as I would like to have one for "just in case".?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
For that age (as per mine) the TIS DVD (eBay for less than £10) give most of any of the retails you might want for the vehicle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts