Ford C-Max Forum banner

Full size spare wheel

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  oneten 
#1 ·
Has anybody modified the boot to allow a full size spare wheel? I have now got a full size spare due to replacing an alloy which has been scratched by the previous owner so was going to use that as the spare. I was going to take the space saver out and the build up the floor with hard polystyrene or similar. I was just wondering if there is anything I can buy to do the job or I'll just make it myself.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Thanks.

#4 ·
It's not a factory option for a full size spare on the C-Max so nothing available as a replacement part. It is, however, an option on Focus and I have first hand experience of replacing the boot floor raising blocks with ones to accomodate a full size spare.

Bear in mind if you go down this route that you'll need a new, longer bolt to hold the weheel and tools assembly down and that the boot carpet may not fit properly as a result...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.