Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuel return line on the 1st injector keeps popping off and leaking diesel everywhere. The ‘o’ ring and R clip have been replaced but this is the 4th time coming out.
No mechanics can get to me.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
908 Posts
if you mean just the line then try some plumbers tape ptf. Otherwise get hold of a longer piece of rubber pipe so it can be wedged tight against the surrounding plastics.
To get the diesel out of the well use a kitchen cleaner spray trigger and dip the tube into the well and spray fuel into a jar.
Get yourself a new kit they are not too expensive and easy to do

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...kit.TRS0&_nkw=ford+cmax+leak+off+kit&_sacat=0

·
Registered
908 Posts
maybe its been cut too short . Is it coming off a single connector or a twin connector. Initially you said just the oring and r clip had been replaced.

·
Registered
908 Posts
If you can take the pipe off the leave it in boiling water for ten minutes. IT may be too rigid and trying to staighten itself thus coming off the connector.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Did you keep the old pipes.if you have no luck softening the new in boiling wate ror hair dryer then try refitting an older pipe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The pipe was done before I bought the car. It all fits fine just keeps popping off I’m thinking the pressure is too high which is why it keeps coming away

·
Registered
908 Posts
What year is it because 2008-9 had lots of injector problems, but I dont know if it would cause the pipes to blow off.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hi

Hi,
from reading your post, I think you mean the plastic insert that the little pipe goes on is popping out.
I've got the 1.6 tdci and the return pipes fit on the top, so slightly different to yours.
I did find though, that the plastic insert sometimes needed a slight tap to seat properly and sort of clip in snug, then the 'R' clip holds it in.
Check with a pin or a dart, something with a point, that there isn't a bit of the old insert still in there stopping it from seating properly. It would only take a tiny slither of debris to cause a problem.
Good luck
Bob.

·
Registered
908 Posts
If Bob is right about you meaning the plastic connector then it is very likely that a bit of debris is stopping it seating properly. It has just reminded me when I did mine the single leak off connector would not quite click in with the same snap the rest did and it did pop off after a few miles. Turned out to be a bit of the old connector had snapped inside the hole like a fine washer stopping the new one fully seating. A quick little turn with a small fine screw fished it and and been fine since.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts