Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my sons 1.8tdci 2006 cmax has been stalling. Garage check shows fuel pressure sensor fault. It is £400+ to replace but they said source one from elsewhere and they'd fit it unless we do. So we are having trouble identifying it. We can see its a delphi but cant see any markings at all. It is a star shaped type rail its screwed into. Can anyone tell us the correct type we need and is it a simple case of unscrewing it and replacing or is it a complicated garage job? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
441 Posts
What you want is this E-bay number, 252116656524 biggest problem will be bleeding the air out after replacing it.
Basically to fit you would need to ensure system is de-pressurised by very carefully slackening a injector pipe with the spanner above the closed end of the pipe nut to avoid stressing the nut and maybe breaking it.
once pressure is released you can then remove the connector and sensor and replace it with the new one.
What I would do next is slacken the rest of the injector pipes slightly then turn engine over until you see diesel emerge
from the pipes then retighten the pipes and it should start ok.
Just a word of warning the diesel pressure is around 400 bar so keep hands and fingers well away from diesel when depressurising and bleeding thick rubber gloves are recommended as a precaution also safety glasses.
Diesel when at 400 bar will easily penetrate skin with possible fatal consequences.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nighthawk2018, not done one of these and that many on ebay I wasn't sure if they'd work. I know there are a few variants so if you think this is the one that's great. Cheers!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My son has managed to turn the sensor and has found markings 55pp02-02. The one on ebay ends 03, will it still do the job? Thanks again.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It's Delphi I'm pretty sure it's the one generally when a number goes up it's been modified or something if it ended in 01 I'd be worried as that could indicate older. but to be really sure message them.
Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts