Ford C-Max Forum banner

Fuel gauge issue following new clutch and fly wheel.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JustAnotherDriver 
#1 ·
Hi,

I posted about 2 weeks ago regarding my clutch. Anyway cars now had a new clutch and dual mass flywheel, when I picked it up the gauge was at about 1/2 a tank (it had 3/4 when it went it but thought nothing of it). I’ve only driven it 3 times since it came back and this morning it was showing at 1/4 of a tank, so popped to the petrol station to fill it. The pump cut off after filling by £17 worth which I thought odd and when I started the car it was saying I only had a bit under 3/4 of a tank. I’ve since been to the supermarket and done a school run and it’s now showing just over half a tank so I’m perplexed a little lol

is it possible it needs an update or recal? Or is it likely the garage have knocked a sensor or something? Also weird I was driving down a road and the system fault warning popped up, restricting revs but the garage ran a free health check and they said nothing major needs doing to it now and my obd isn’t picking up any faults ?‍♀ I’m not sure if they are separate issues or linked in some way. I turned the car off and back on again and the message didn’t come back on but it does concern me, it drives really well on the whole, it just seems the more it’s fixed, the more things go wrong with it ?

If it is a needed update etc is that a dealer job and expensive? The fuel gauge was fine until the new clutch kit and dmf were fitted.

thanks in advance

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi,

I posted about 2 weeks ago regarding my clutch. Anyway cars now had a new clutch and dual mass flywheel, when I picked it up the gauge was at about 1/2 a tank (it had 3/4 when it went it but thought nothing of it). I’ve only driven it 3 times since it came back and this morning it was showing at 1/4 of a tank, so popped to the petrol station to fill it. The pump cut off after filling by £17 worth which I thought odd and when I started the car it was saying I only had a bit under 3/4 of a tank. I’ve since been to the supermarket and done a school run and it’s now showing just over half a tank so I’m perplexed a little lol

is it possible it needs an update or recal? Or is it likely the garage have knocked a sensor or something? Also weird I was driving down a road and the system fault warning popped up, restricting revs but the garage ran a free health check and they said nothing major needs doing to it now and my obd isn’t picking up any faults ?‍[emoji3601] I’m not sure if they are separate issues or linked in some way. I turned the car off and back on again and the message didn’t come back on but it does concern me, it drives really well on the whole, it just seems the more it’s fixed, the more things go wrong with it ?

If it is a needed update etc is that a dealer job and expensive? The fuel gauge was fine until the new clutch kit and dmf were fitted.

thanks in advance
Nothing to be linked. The clutch and dual mass are between the engine and gearbox, and the fuel level sender is in the fuel tank way at the back of the car. The people who did your clutch and flywheel are not to blame, this is just very coincidental in my opinion. They wouldn’t have needed to go anywhere near the fuel tank. I think you’re just unlucky here, sorry!
Go to dealers and maybe there is an update for software or something available, but I think it’s possible your level sender is on the way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Hi,

thanks for the reply. It’s okay I wasn’t looking to lay blame sometimes things happen, definitely coincidental. The fuel gage issue seems to have sorted itself out. The issue I’ve been having with the clutch/foot work triggering system engine fault I think may be a fuel mix issue, it did have a new fuel pressure sensor fitted before the clutch went. I’m going to get my mechanic to take a look, probably fingers crossed just another sensor issue. You’ll have to excuse my dramatics 😂 it’s just felt like one thing after another by the time these issues popped up haha I was having a bit of a why me moment lol

#4 ·
Open the engine bay.

Right side, half way along at the front is a fuel filter assembly. Make sure that sensor has been reconnected, i didnt loose my guage, but it was all over the place moving between a quarter and 3 quarters.

I had left that sensor unplugged once it was plugged in the problem stopped immediately.

I did unplug mine when i did my DMF but i also changed all those filters, theres no reason for it to be moved normally during a DMF replacement (see my previous post, i did it on the drive)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.