Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, just bought 08 titanium 1.6tdci 10,000mls ford direct. when i fill up the computer says i have 465mls to refueling, now i drive for a living so i know all the fuel saving tricks but i am not happy with the consumption on this car. on average mixed driving the computer says i am averaging 39/41mpg. i am interested to know what readings other people are getting on fill up. (total milesto next fill up reading). my car has the sport pack with 18" wheels and cruise and front and rear sensors. i like the car its nice to drive but i think the fuel consumption should be better unless something is not set up right. thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a 2006Focus C-Max (2L petrol Ghia) and everytime I fill up I get a different reading.

As the car has only done town driving on the last tank, when I brim it, the read out showsabout 325 miles. If I have done a tank full of motorway driving I can brim the tank and the read out will show 385-400.

The best I have had was when I drove to Manchester, barely went over 70 all the way there and back and the read out showed 425 the next time I filledthe tank .

I just think you need to drive it and fill up a couple of tanks and just use it purely as a guide. I think the computer is working out an average based on whatyou got from the previous tank.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sorry I meant to add that at the moment with the wife just driving it around town and the school run,

The average MPG is showing about 27.5,

The best I have had from it is 36.5 and that was when I was driving it 60 miles a day up and down the M3.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cant speak regarding 1.6tdi but have recently purchased a 1.8 tdi 115ps Zetec. The trip computer gave figures of 44 mpg average and well off Ford stated figures. Have just fitted a Diesel Tuner Systems Ltd. rechipping device (5 minutes to fit) and the consumption has changed to an average of 49 mpg with a noticeable increase in power as well. Regarding the computer reading after refueling that has also increased. I assume the computer will calculate mileage on what average it is showing at the time. This could explain readings that differ.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Woo Hoo....

Just signed up to that myself. Will keep an eye on the figures for the C-Max and the RS2000

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Our 1.6 TDCI was giving 45 regularly over the colder period
The last fill earlier this wekk gave nearer the 50

That is usibg the grey cells where 10miles per litre =45 MPG (ie 320miles driven 32 litres put in)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts