Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a Cmax 2008. I went out to the car this morning and some idiot has smashed my front side quarter glass panel (left passenger side). I double lock the car so thankfully they weren't able to gain access inside. Great start to the new year...

I checked with Autoglass and its going to cost me £115 if I go through my insurance...

I've found the part on ebay for about £20-25 but I literally have no idea fitting it.

Does anyone know the best way to replace it or where I can find a guide? I've tried searching YouTube/Google but I can't find anything for the front side quarter panel...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Lazza,
Sorry to hear about your glass, maybe you have the solution by now......I'll chip in anyhow.
There's a US video on UTube - Replacing the quarter glass /The final video. The Guy's replacing a rear quarter glass.....not sure what model, but maybe the same principle applies to your CMax. Looks like 1) remove all traces of old glass together with old adhesive 2) re-glue (either the glass or the bodywork ) 3) re-fit glass and apply moderate pressure until the glue cures. The thing is, getting hold of the correct adhesive ....you may have to brain pick someone at a screen company. The man on the video mentions a 3M glass adhesive, presumably available in the UK
Be interested to know how you get on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lazza,
Sorry to hear about your glass, maybe you have the solution by now......I'll chip in anyhow.
There's a US video on UTube - Replacing the quarter glass /The final video. The Guy's replacing a rear quarter glass.....not sure what model, but maybe the same principle applies to your CMax. Looks like 1) remove all traces of old glass together with old adhesive 2) re-glue (either the glass or the bodywork ) 3) re-fit glass and apply moderate pressure until the glue cures. The thing is, getting hold of the correct adhesive ....you may have to brain pick someone at a screen company. The man on the video mentions a 3M glass adhesive, presumably available in the UK
Be interested to know how you get on
Hi Sevenspoke,

Thanks for the reply and info.

Unfortunately I've got a patch jobby at the moment with some gorilla tape.

But yes you're right, the biggest issue seems to be finding the right adhesive that'll hold in all weather conditions.

I'm going to leave it with the patch job for now and maybe attempt to fix it next months.

Thanks again

Ps attached my patch up haha

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
There's another Guy woking on a Toyota rear quarter - How to remove a rear quarter light without using tools.......same procedure . He outlines - Not to slam the door whilst waiting for the adhesive to go off, as the air pressure could pop the glass out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts