Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help! ive added a new bumper with front parking sensors - my car had all the wiring fitted.

i've added the double hazard/sensor switch in the dash, as well as the parking module in the boot.

i now get an error - c1744 - front sounder circuit failure.

i wasnt aware of a front speaker - and i cannot find it to save me life! any ideas of its location?!

·
Registered
48 Posts
What puzzles me is that in all the years i had front and rear sensors (in my second C-Max, the Mk11) I don't remember where the sound came from for the front! The tone was different for front or rear.
I agree there is only one sounder listed on the parts list, and although the module is different with front+rear or rear only, the fact that yours indicates an error suggests you have the correct dual module.
So far, I don't have an answer but I know where the car is (on my son's drive) and I'll ask if he can find it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply - did some digging and found the plug for a front sounder hidden in drivers side dash panel area, getting a second sounder today so fingers crossed!

·
Registered
48 Posts
So it's the same sounder but a different tone when it's working.
I had x-vision on my first C-Max and the factory fit on both the newer ones but I've no idea where exactly the sound comes from, it just makes a more pleasant sound on the new one, a softer 'ding' rather than a bleep!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
same sounder just 2 of them - one under obd port on drivers side and one in the boot behind trim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts