Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the front discs and pads on my 2003 CMAX due to a bad vibration when braking. On taking the disc off I found that the inside face to both disc were very badly corroded about 15mm inward from the outside edge and about 10mm from the inner edge. The pads were also very badly grooved. I thought the braking wasn’t very good. I have replaced them with EBC Green Stuff Pads and discs. I am still in the bedding in period but they are very good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes this was the first time I had replaced the pads and disc. The mileage is 38,000. The pads were quite well worn, but could have done about another 5000 miles.

I think theproblem with the discs had come about afterI was only using the car at the weekends last winter so the salts had serious started to corrode the discs. I have got some pictures so I will upload them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah i would like to see the pictures, i suppose 38000 is not bad for pads, just a shame you had to change the discs as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it does look quite dangerous. I was very surprised as I was taking the brakes apart. I am glad they are fixed now!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts