Ford C-Max Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Many thanks Richard

Halfords have a tool for £20.99 do you know if this will work with the C Max.

I guess that this automatic adjuster on the EPB does that same job as we would see on shoe brakes that have the old style snail cam adjuster is this correct ?

On refitting it all back together do the brakes simply click back to the correct level ?

Thanks again for your help
Graeme

To answer a few Q's.....
Definitely clockwise for both sides. All parts are built into the caliper, I wouldn't consider opening it up! The EPB actuates onto the cable itself (look for abox of tricks under the spare wheel well!) so caliper is the same as manual handbraked cars.
Quite easy to wind back if you have the tool (make sure you get one that has hex on tool body as you need to turn this to remove the tool once caliper is wound back)
Once pads are in, press brake pedal to adjust before using handbrake.
Just the usual pad sliding areas to clean.
If you need pics get the ford TIS CD off ebay
It really isn't a difficult job - I put mine off for ages but wish I hadn't.
I bought this tool http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220392114131
but there are cheaper ones
HTH

SPECIFICATIONS

Lubricants, Fluids, Sealers and Adhesives
ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÂÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿
³ Description ³ Specification ³
ÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ´
³ Super DOT 4 brake fluid ³ ESD-M6C57-A ³
ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ

Front Brake Disc Specification
ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÂÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿
³ ³ mm ³
ÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ´
³ Brake disc diameter Ä vehicles with 2.0L engine, 1.6L diesel or 2.0L diesel ³ 300 ³
³ Brake disc diameter Ä vehicles with 1.6L or 1.8L engine ³ 278 ³
³ New brake disc nominal thickness ³ 25 ³
³ Worn brake disc discard thickness * ³ 23 ³
ÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ„ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ´
³ Maximum brake disc thickness variation ³ 0.025 ³
³ Worn brake pad discard thickness** ³ 1.5 ³
ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ
* When the discard thickness has been reached, install a new brake disc and brake pads.
** When the discard thickness has been reached, install new brake pads.

Torques
ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÂÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÂÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÂÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿
³ Description ³ Nm ³ lb-ft ³ lb-in ³
³ ³ ³ ³ half "> ³
ÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ´
³ Brake caliper anchor plate retaining bolts ³ 115 ³ 85 ³ - ³
ÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ´
³ Brake caliper retaining bolts ³ 28 ³ 21 ³ - ³
³ Brake hose to brake caliper union ³ 18 ³ 13 ³ - ³
ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ
SPECIFICATIONS

Torques
ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÂÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÂÄ„ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÂÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿
³ Description ³ Nm ³ lb-ft ³ lb-in ³
ÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ´
³ Wheel nuts ³ 85 ³ 63 ³ - ³
ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ

I can't presently get to the rear disc info but it won't be much different

Didn;t previously see he question about the tool in halfords
The important bit is the disc with the pins in it that turn the end of the caliper as you wind it back. There are different arrangements depending on the model and Fraud are loath to give out such data I've found

Hi again Richard

I am beginning to get the idea now, the tool is a disc about 6mm thick maybe 40 mm or so in diameter, this disc has a square drive in the centre which is driven via a drive that reacts against a plate that reacts against the caliper.
This tool / disc has two pins sticking out of the side on say a 20mm or so PCD, this then presses against the end of the piston and the pins engage into the end of the piston and then its possible to wind the piston back clockwise.
There is mention of 19.5mm PCD and 6 mm pin diameters for the 1.6 C Max, do you know if this is the same as the 2 L TDCI ?

Am I right in the above ?

Looking a bit easier now if the above is correct.

Cheers Graeme

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.