Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to take my C-Max 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium X in for its second service (registered Feb 2018, mileage 8,400). After that, I'm offered a Ford Service Plan for £783 (or £24.60 for 32 months).
It comprises:
S1 Major Service 37500 miles / November 2020
S2 Standard Service 50000 miles / November 2021
S3 Standard Service 62500 miles / November 2022
… plus my first 2 MOTS (Feb 2021 and 2022)
... plus various benefits you’re probably familiar with.
So should I go for it? I have no idea how much these services will cost if paid for normally.
I am a low-mileage driver – probably 5,000-6,000 per year. So actually, when S1 comes around I will be at more like 14,000, at S2 20,000, and at S3 25,000 miles. As a low-mileage driver in a newish car, shouldn't my next three services be fairly cheap - less in total than the £783 this Plan costs?
Any advice appreciated – thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Servicing is distance or time, so even if you dont drive the miles you need to service every 12 months or the warranty will be invalid.
Usually these plans do not save you much money but do protect you against future price rises. Having said that I would rather keep the money to myself and pay when it is needed. Ask the dealer the cost of the individual services and decide from there. Bear in mind you can haggle prices on services and they will often price match to keep your custom.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!
Servicing is distance or time, so even if you dont drive the miles you need to service every 12 months or the warranty will be invalid.
Usually these plans do not save you much money but do protect you against future price rises. Having said that I would rather keep the money to myself and pay when it is needed. Ask the dealer the cost of the individual services and decide from there. Bear in mind you can haggle prices on services and they will often price match to keep your custom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts