Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone a error message has popped up on my dashboard "engine service now" my local garage in Crawley he says its due to low fuel pressure. He has changed the fuel pump sensor but this did not work. I would be grateful if anyone who has encountered this problem on what to do as his next suggestion is to replace the fuel pump now. I next took the car down to Ford Redhill, after they had done their 1st diagnostic check they said to replace the fuel filter but this has already been done 2 months ago.

·
Registered
463 Posts
If you put your car details as you signature it will help anyone trying to diagnose your problem.
Assuming this is a diesel & if it has the same fuel filter as the mK1 c-max there is a fault on the housing which causes it not to seal well and draw in air. Ford Redhill will be aware of the problem as there was a tech notice on it, perhaps they have identified your problem. Why not get the filter changed and housing checked, after all its not expensive and your "engine service light" didnt come up until after the fuel filter was changed.
If and when you find the problem dont forget to come back here and add to the knowledge base.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you put your car details as you signature it will help anyone trying to diagnose your problem.
Assuming this is a diesel & if it has the same fuel filter as the mK1 c-max there is a fault on the housing which causes it not to seal well and draw in air. Ford Redhill will be aware of the problem as there was a tech notice on it, perhaps they have identified your problem. Why not get the filter changed and housing checked, after all its not expensive and your "engine service light" didnt come up until after the fuel filter was changed.
If and when you find the problem dont forget to come back here and add to the knowledge base.
Hi thanks for your answer. My car is a 2015 ford grande cmax 1.6 diesel. The error message came on before the fuel filter change. So I don't think its the fuel filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts