Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have been looking for a 2015 C-Max on the Ford Direct website, some of the prices seem good but when asking if this is the total price the answer is always refer to the dealer. I have had experience of a dealer quoting me a much higher figure than was advertised on Ford Direct for the same car. Has anyone had experience good, bad or indifferent when buying via Ford Direct. Is the advertised price the final price. I don't mind a small delivery charge but am wary of hidden extras etc.

·
Registered
291 Posts
They don't have to give you the prices listed as it's classed as an "invitation to treat" and because no contract has been issued they can tell you of a price difference before you sign a contract. They just aren't allowed to change price once you've started a contract.

BUT...it you print off the website page, they should match it but that probably depends on the sales person as they want larger number for the bigger commission.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Is it better to buy at the end of the month as they are trying to meet sales figures so your more likely to get a better deal or is that all myth.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have bough 2 ford direct cars and my son 1. No problems but the cars were already with the dealer and advertised on their own websites.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I do not know what sort of discount Ford Direct are offering for what you are looking for, but have you thought about buying new?
I got mine from an online dealer, a small family company.

After contacting them and getting a price, then going to our local Ford dealer for the same spec, even with Ford discounting as much as they were allowed to, they were still £2500 shy of what the online dealer was offering. As much as I would have preferred to give the business to the local crowd, £2500 was too much of a difference.

The Ford salesman said they keep complaining to Ford head office as they cannot compete. He also said when I get the car, bring to him he can then register the sale as a local sale, and get £500 from Ford for their dealership, (so at least I could offer them something), he offered me an accessory for the car for doing this. I got a free boot tray.

The car was delivered from a Ford dealer (I could have picked it up if I wanted to)
I was the 1st registered owner (not a pre-reg), had 10 miles on the clock, full Ford warranty etc.

The only downside I see is that there is no scope for trade in, I had sold my car first on that well known car trading site.

I am not affiliated with them in any way, and do not want to advertise/promote them here, if you want more info, then PM me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Recently brought a car from Ford Direct and actually managed to get it a little less than the list price. The only extra that could not be avoided was the Vehicle Tax.

You maybe able to get a better price is you take out all the insurances they offer as I believe they can make quite a bit of commission from that. Once you have the car you have 30 days to cancel the insurances and get a full refund.

I've had issues with the car, which although not major have made me question the dealer I brought it from. Make sure the Workshop/Garage at the dealership can do full servicing and warranty repairs (mine couldn't). I contacted Ford customer care regarding the issues and they've been very helpful and I'm quite happy with the car.

When comparing the cars out use FordEtis home page, put in the registration and you will get a full list of what the car has rather than what they put on the normal Ford website advertising the car. I was told the car didn't have floor mats for example but it did along with a few other things I wasn't expecting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh a really annoying thing seems when looking for a Ford C-MAX on the Ford site is that they do not distinguish between the Compact and Grand. You have to look at the pictures to check which version it is.

I think the pre 2015 Grand C-Max's are called do actually have the "Grand". This was a couple of months ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts