Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I just bought a 2015 1.5 tdci c-max titanium x a few days ago and soon as I collected the car from dealership I went straight to the garage and put just over £60 in the tank which brought the gauge up to reading a full tank. I noticed though it's reading 333miles until empty . Has anyone else had similar experience to this cos I would've thought it should be reading closer to 400 mile range until empty . It's supposed to be a 55 litre tank my 2007 1.8 tdci focus had the same size tank and it always showed about 390 mile range with a full tank of fuel

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The distance is calculated based on past mpg. As you use the car normally the distance remaining will become more accurate. Maybe the battery has been disconnected for a time or it has been driven very short distances by the dealer which has ruined the mpg. It should sort itself out in a few tankfulls.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The distance is calculated based on past mpg. As you use the car normally the distance remaining will become more accurate. Maybe the battery has been disconnected for a time or it has been driven very short distances by the dealer which has ruined the mpg. It should sort itself out in a few tankfulls.
Well the car was an ex demonstrator it had 850 miles on it when I picked it up

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine shows anywhere between 560 and 640 at this time of year, as it depends on the type of driving I'm doing and the ambient temperature (lower MPG in colder weather). In the summer it's been as high as 670.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news folks it sorted itself out on the m6 on way home I was averaging about 140 miles to a quarter of a tank that was at 70mph from Halifax to Edinburgh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts