Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help, I have a cmax 07-10 model I'm trying to change my cabin filter, I've seen vids showing it behind accelerator pedal on the right and to get to it you need to remove pedal!! But it's nowhere there I can see on the left near my brake pedal what looks like a filter grill but its behind a pipe!! Could this be it? My car is the automatic I'm wondering if that's why, or is it located in passenger side as some say!! I'm confused please help.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Unless it's been moved since the earlier versions it should be behind the fusebox in the passenger footwell. Not on the driver's side.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't think it is but I'm struggling to work out which way is up and what the tube thing is alongside it. The plastic panel is the console side?
I'll be with my old 08 plate Saturday so can confirm, but there are quite a few threads on this forum as well as YouTube vids, just remember most of the YouTube ones are LHD, which is why the pedals are in the way, the filter lid isn't changed over for our RHD models.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think it is but I'm struggling to work out which way is up and what the tube thing is alongside it. The plastic panel is the console side?
I'll be with my old 08 plate Saturday so can confirm, but there are quite a few threads on this forum as well as YouTube vids, just remember most of the YouTube ones are LHD, which is why the pedals are in the way, the filter lid isn't changed over for our RHD models.
The photo is taken between my brake and center console (automatic) the filter I purchased from euro car parts and instructions show drivers side on right and filter top right by acceleration pedal and says to take it off just like some vids, unless its LHD So confusing lol the pipe I'm not sure what it is bull I get another photo tomorrow (sat) but if you can check your 08 car that will be great thx

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree with not removing the glovebox, and the C-Max is just the same as the Focus. Definitely passenger footwell behind the fusebox. Best video I've seen, good find because there's lots but mostly LHD.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great find on the vid, and thank you all so much for the help, I love my cmax and even got my sis to buy one lol dont like the newer one tho. Thanks guys.;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'll be doing a post about my new C-Max shortly, and as you can see from my sig it's the third. The first was bought new in 2003 soon after it came out, I changed it after 8 years when I saw a good deal on a 3 year old MkII that had been looked after but was high mileage (42k). I recently started looking around for a newer one as it had got to be over 10 years (and still only 75k) old.
I agree the newer one is quite different but It drives well but it's my first diesel so I'm still getting used to it. I passed the MkII on in the family and I expect to see it for a few years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts