Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just bought a Ford CMax 1.5 Zectec TDCI 118 BHP. I've noticed that the car does not seem to have come without DRLs which I find strange. However I understand that you can purchase OEM complete headlight units with DRL built in, Genuine Ford C-Max DRL LED Headlights headlamp passenger RHD grand driver. The person I wish to buy them is saying the're plug'n'play and admits to 85% being right with plug'n'play not sure if needs to be reconfigured to work correctly. Can someone tell if this is true.
Kind regards
Simon

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Zetec doesn't have DRLs, they're only on the Titanium and Titanium X.

I don't know if the wiring is already in place, hopefully someone will be able to advise.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply and thank you for the welcome yo the forum.

I hope someone can. Do you think it was a decision not too include them is it a in law that all vehicles after 2011 had to have these or is my mistake in thinking that?.

Simon

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think the law was for new model introductions and the 'new' C-Max was already released, in 2010 I believe.
So the DRLs were added to the Titanium (not sure if they had them at launch) to give it a visible step up from the Zetec, together with more chrome and leccy windows at for the rear doors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts