Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford c-max 2013 tdci 16 titanium x have a fault say malfunction service now it's in limp mode, won't go over 2000 revs so can't go into 3rd gear.plus hill start unavailable?any idea what is wrong thanks?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First you need to have the fault codes read and report back.
There is no fault codes!only the message engine malfunction service now. When you turn engine off message disappears. Only appears when you start the engine and it runs ruff won't go over 2000 rpm so can get into 3rd gear. So I don't know were to start?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Get a garage with a code reader to read or buy your own code reader and plug it into the OBD2 port and see what codes are stored. Take note of the error code numbers and go from there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get a garage with a code reader to read or buy your own code reader and plug it into the OBD2 port and see what codes are stored. Take note of the error code numbers and go from there.
I brought code reader no faults found. Took it to a garage it's no1 injector going to be charged over £600 .

·
Registered
440 Posts
I would find another garage. You can probably have your injector refurbished or purchase one from a 2nd hand source and have it coded to your car for a lot less than Ford main agents what.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had problems like this but it sounds like the sender unit and tank needs draining also the injectors need flushing but also I have had all that done sender unit and then an injector fault reappears with air in the system after repairs have been carried out also Iv had hydraulic fule pump changed tdci, it can also be the return pipes or orings or even the copper washers. The fule filter could have broken down and entered the injector.. not my favourite engine to date

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's all working now cost £426 I'm
To do my fuel filter it looks simple if you can get most of the air out 🤞😅going to put in some injector cleaner too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts