Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having BIG trouble with my car first when I drove to the coast after the motorway, overtaking someone it went into limp mode and the engine light came on, was towed back to a garage in Leeds and was put on the diagnostic machine and came back as the petrol cylinder fault (4 parts one that releases the petrol when you accelerate) had a whole new part fitted as you can’t just but the single bit. Then went on the motorway again a couple of times to the coast and on the second trip came off the motorway along the roads and went into limp mode again, flashed up engine mal function but no warning light on the dash board, pulled over switched the engine off drove another 35miles to destination fine. Then a month on just going to Sheffield yesterday on the dual carriage way to get to the M1 and all power went again flashed up ‘engine mal function, service due’ put hazards on pulled up, switched engine off re started it & drove home less than half a mile away. I’m on 52,000 miles and in the book it says I should service it at 55,000 miles. I’ve totally lost faith in this car which is the newest cat I’ve ever had, has anyone had a similar experience that they can share with me & what fixed the problem please, are these cars renowned for this problem? Thanks Jo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have C-max 1.6 diesel 2014 107.000 miles currently.
Past week I having issue with "Engine malfunction service now" jumped on already after service of the change oil and all around like filters atd. Birg back car where has been service done. They put that under diagnostic and showed that to some filter came through some air. They fixed it and reset signalisation on dash. After 2 days same message jump on. They burst some mess from the filter over some computer. I have paid 500£ for those two garage visits. Because all service was for my planned holiday with family we start our trip from Scotland and planbed down to Dover. But after 15 miles jump on back same signal as is 3th time " engine malfunctuonservice now" straight away I turned back to same service. Theve have to connected again under diagnostic and showed same think as at second time. They said to me it will need take out all canalysator that somewhere at is maind like filter which is definitely blocked but properly and if even they've done jobs befor that mess which is there coing another blocks where they cleaned already. Because I have very important family holiday from this week I was agreed to do that job with canalysator and some block main filter. It will cost me unfortunately another 500£. After one hour I am heading to get car back. So it will be fixed and no more same issues. Will update later as I am heading to beat 1.800km from Scotland to Czech Republic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts