Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents I have a fault code P2263 boost pressure control malfunction, this happened recently after doing an oil and filter change, I took the car for a run and after about 10 miles the engine management light came on, I got the AA out today using the home start facility and he plugged in and got the above fault code, just wondering if anyone else has had this and is it a big job to replace the part, what’s the access to the turbo like in these?

·
Registered
128 Posts
have you lost boost? common that there are 2 small vaccuum lines near the oil filter housing on the 2.0tdci that get knocked/disconnected when filter changed ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi wolfy thanks for your reply, I haven’t checked that (nor did the AA guy) I’m going to try and book it into the garage that done the oil change tomorrow I will ask them to check the pipes, thanks for that suggestion I would never have thought of that. It doesn’t help that the turbo is at the back of the engine on these. I will get the garage to check all the pipes as I was getting a bit of turbo ‘whistle’ and yes I’m down on power, not a lot but it is noticeable. I will update this thread when I resolve the problems

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a quick update, thanks to Wolfy suggestion I had a hunt for disconnected pipes near the oil filter housing, lo and behold there are two different length pipes floating in thin air....they look like vacuum pipes there are no fastening clips attached to their ends, so I guess they just push on, somim off to the garage tomorrow to get him to fit them back on, and check the rest of the pipe work for any leaks or splits and while he is there try and secure the two pipes so they can’t just pull off. I will update this thread again once I return from the garage...but thanks again Wolfy for the suggestion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts