Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have recently had my timing belt go on me while on the motorway the car had done 94000 miles and as we love the car and has been good to us so I decided to get it repaired at a local garage. The mechanic quoted £900 to put it right and he replaced the timing belt / water pump / new head / plugs / service and when I first collected the car once repaired there was this distinct lack of power i couldn't even keep up with the flow of traffic on a 30mph road and the car would run rough and would feel like it was about to stall so I took the car back to the mechanic and said it seems the timing is out which he refused to accept and said to leave it with him and he would call me later on. He called me later on in the day and said it needed a new oil pump which was causing the lack of power/ lagg as he has checked the turbo and the actuator is working ok so he put on a new oil pump so an extra £90 which he fitted and said the car was running fine now. I went back to collect the car and the power loss was still there so again car went back to be left with him so he could check again and he called me later to say it needed new injectors and his mate just so happens to have some second hand for £150 so my car now is costing a colossal amount to repair and he still ruled out the timing being out a tooth. So he replaced the injectors and the car now runs as it should do except occasionally when overtaking on a 50pmh and the car is floored to get up to speed to overtake the engine would malfunction and go into limp mode so I would pull over and turn the ignition off and let it sit for a minute then re start engine and would be fine again also there is a rough idle but rev counter needle doesn't fluctuate while stationary it stays at about 950. I have had a friend check for a fault code which has come up P2263 turbo charger/super charger boost system performance. I have looked inside the engine and checked for any split pipes and when checking I noticed something looking at the back of the engine below and slightly to the right of the coolant tank as your looking at it which may be nothing which you can see in the attached pic bearing in mind I have no mechanical knowledge in any way but looks like a piece is broken off I dont even know what belt it is but would anyone know what the symptoms relate to and if it's this I would much appreciate your time and I'm sorry it's long winded I just need advise
20200327_115949.jpg
20200327_120200.jpg
20200327_115949.jpg

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
That looks like the tensioner for the auxiliary belt (fan/power steering/AC belt). It looks llike they have tried to release the tension by jamming a lever in and ended up cracking the casing. To be fair this should not affect the normal running of the car.
I would find a new mechanic. It sounds like something is blocked or broken in the turbo pipework. Someone who knows what they are doing should be able to sort it but you would have been much better off in the first place finding a lower mileage good used engine and fitting that (but its easy to say that now).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanyou for your feedback I wil put some turbo cleaner mix into the fuel next time I fill up and see if this helps remove any crap that s in the pipes somewhere

1 - 3 of 3 Posts